Wednesday, April 18, 2007

An update and a poem

Greetings everyone! I'm more than slightly pumped at the moment as I've just this morning added another 6 credits to my college completion endeavors. I passed my English Lit CLEP this morning and am very thrilled to also discover that PHC IS ACCREDITED! This means that I now have 67 credits under my belt and I'm over halfway done in my collegiate journey. What a trek, to be sure. Long and windy but coming to conclusion, beautiful conclusion at last. Anyhoo, with all this studying of English Lit and poetry in particular, I waxed somewhat poetical myself. The following is the result of a recent lunch break and mostly just ramblings on my current condition. Critique, comment, and enjoy!

Purpose on the Run

Sing a song of singleness,
Of life spent by oneself.
Oh what a droll existence,
That depends on no one else.

A time to do and to dare,
To live life to the edge.
With little thought or care,
Of giving your heart in pledge.

Without a someone to miss,
Or someone missing you;
Not your mother or your sis,
But your sweetheart through and through,

You'll go swiftly on your way,
Looking back not at all.
Foreseeing a brand new day,
That for you has such a call.

Then one day a light will dawn,
Your mind-lids open wide.
Seeing where your time has gone,
And so much more beside.

A friend to have and to hold,
To come home to at night,
Share glory in your world,
Oh what a beautiful sight.

Yearning for a family,
That's yours and yours alone.
Protecting them happily,
Their house your only home.

For this cause God made a man,
To leave his parent's door,
And find himself a woman,
To love and to adore.

So while single we are,
We're to follow strongly,
The path before us placed,
And run the race with strength.

But when that one comes along,
Who was ours from the first,
We would fill our role all wrong,
To leave them in the lurch.

So loving one another,
They come to love Him best,
Who gave them to each other,
And sets apart their nest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home