Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Views from Afar

This is Abe. Working and CLEPing and having a good time are priorities currently. He drove me into San Antonio last Friday for my first CLEP. The bad news: it was raining buckets and an entire lane of the road was under 4-5 inches of water. The good news: we didn't care about the water because we both passed our respective CLEPs. :~)







These are some of the guys I work with. Shawn is going over details with Ryan. We all work in a garage so the proximity from desk to desk is pretty small. In this picture you can see the garage door opener above the bookshelf. The working environment is actually very conducive to good communication and I've already gotten to know the guys I work with very well.







This is the portion of the office that handles orders and the financial aspects of the office. Abe normally works here but Dwight is actually pictured here. You can't see it, but he's taping up a box to ship out an order. We were all assisting with shipping the day I took these photos.








This is Shawn. He handles a lot of the design aspects of CP! He is finishing up his degree and should complete it very soon. Encouraging and motivating to the rest of us who have further to go. He and Abe are housesitting currently and they really are suffering, so keep them in your prayers. I mean, anyone would struggle with looking after a 3-4K square foot house with a pool, right?






Another view of the office. From right to left: Dwight packing a box, Abe looking at the computer, and Luke (who just left to go work on his father's State Representative campaign) keying in some mailing data.










This is the view of the kitchen and dining room at the house where I am staying. As of the 28th of April, Woody will be an old, married man and Dwight and I must perforce move elsewhere. Until then we share the humble abode and thus far it really has worked out well. Of interesting note is the presence of carpet everywhere. Vacuuming is easy, mopping not so much. ;-)







This my (and Woody and Dwight's) bedroom. And yes, I did get the top bunk. A little warmer, but also closer to the fan. No large bumps on the head just yet, and hopefully it will stay that way.











This my view out the living room windows. Quite the vista and currently the temperatures have been downright pleasant as well. That's the top of my car in the bottom of the photo.











Here, you can see Dwight's car out the window and our front door. Most of the books on that shelf I'll be studying sometime soon. Lots of reading, lots of learning.




I think that's it for now. More photos coming later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the pictures! :-)

1:59 PM  
Blogger M. Hunsberger said...

No fair! It's already green and leafy there :-) Glad to see you are settling in okay.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home